How to use Advantage Vision Care
- Call 1-800-828-9341 for assistance in selecting an Avesis Participating Provider.
- Call the selected Avesis provider and identify yourself as an Avesis member.
- Schedule an appointment.
- Present your Avesis ID card; pay any expenses that are not covered under the Avesis Advantage plan.
Plan Limitations & Exclusions for Exam Plus and Insured Vision Plans
This plan is designed to cover eye examinations and corrective eyewear. It is also designed to cover
visual needs rather than cosmetic options. Should the member select options that are not covered
under the plan, as shown in the schedule of benefits, the member will pay a discounted fee to the
Avesis participating provider. Benefits are payable only for expenses incurred while the group and
individual member's coverage is in force.
- There are no benefits under the plan for services or materials connected with and arising from:
- Orthoptics or vision training;
- Subnormal vision aids and any associated supplemental testing;
- Plano (non-prescription) lenses;
- Two pair of glasses in lieu of bifocals;
- Any medical and/or surgical treatment of eye, eyes or supporting structures;
- Replacement of lost or broken lenses, contact lenses or frames, except when the member is normally eligible for services;
- Any eye or vision examination or corrective eyewear required by an employer as a condition of employment;
- Services provided as a result of any Worker's Compensation Law, or similar legislation, required by any governmental agency whether federal, state or subdivision thereof;
- Non-prescription sunglasses.
For Current Members
Avesis Member Services